AUSTIN—Nearly 9 in 10 (86 percent) Medicaid recipients say they are satisfied with their Medicaid health care services, according to a new survey conducted by Morning Consult on behalf of the Texas Association of Health Plans (TAHP).
A strong majority of Texas Medicaid recipients see the quality of the care they receive from doctors and health care providers as being “excellent” or “good.” Eight in ten (80%) say they are more likely to use preventative care, screenings and wellness check-ups with their Medicaid coverage.
“Texas Medicaid works and Medicaid recipients in Texas agree,” said TAHP CEO Jamie Dudensing. “Texas Medicaid health insurance companies help walk Texans through every step of the health care system from coordinating appointments, to getting the right doctor or specialist, and even arranging transportation, which is critical since most Medicaid patients are either children, pregnant moms with low-incomes, Texans with disabilities, or older Texans.”
Key findings from the new survey include:
- Nearly 9 in 10 (86%) Medicaid recipients say they are satisfied with their Medicaid health care services
- More than half (55%) of Texas Medicaid recipients say that they would have no “very little” or “no” access to health care without Medicaid.
- Eight in ten (80%) say that their Medicaid benefits reduce stress related to health care for themselves and their family. Another three in four (76%) say that their Medicaid benefits give themselves and their family more stability.
- A strong majority (80%) say the care they receive through Medicaid is “better” or “about the same” as the care they would receive through other types of coverage, including Medicare or employer insurance coverage.
- More than 80% say it is easy to get prescriptions they need using their Medicaid benefits.
- Eight in ten (80%) say it is easy for them to find a primary care provider.
To view the polling results, click here. To view the survey summary, click here. If you are interested in learning more about how Texas Medicaid works, click here.
Morning Consult conducted an online survey of 500 adults who are Medicaid recipients in Texas from May 23 - May 27, 2018. Results from the survey have a margin of error of +/- 4 percentage points.
The Texas Association of Health Plans (TAHP) is the statewide trade association representing health insurers, health maintenance organizations, and other related healthcare entities operating in Texas. Our members provide health and supplemental benefits to Texans through employer-sponsored coverage, the individual insurance market, and public programs such as Medicare and Medicaid. The association was founded in 1987 and represents the healthcare industry’s commitment to improving healthcare for Texans.